22 Jun 2005

MidSummer Solstice


Sunset, acrylic on masonite, 2004




It's officially summer. The longest day of the year for us here in the northern hemisphere. When we left the ballpark last night it was still dusky around 9:30 pm. On our way home we saw the large orange orb of the moon in the east, slowly rising above the silhouetted curves of the Madison County hills.







Earlier in the day I had been so inspired to do more collage work. So when the boys were in bed for the night I made myself comfortable in front of my work table and started cutting and pasting. Then I started went online to check on something and got inspired to play with iMovie. Oh, lord. IMovie. Freevlog. ATC cards with suns. Collages. Yepp, I was up real late.


*After I painted that small (about 15 cm x 15 cm) little painting last year, a co-worker asked me to trade him a large sized version for one of his handmade stained glass lamps. Of course I agreed! His large sized version was completed and delivered last fall. My lamp is almost finished. (He injured his hand shortly afterwards and his strength is just now returning and he has resumed work on my lamp.) I can't wait!

No comments: