19 Jun 2005

It's a....


It's a...., originally uploaded by Tifty's Art.

Last week I bought a new big sketchbook. It's a really versatile spiral bound book, large pages and pages thick enough for watercolor. Last year I filled two of these.

THIS drawing is not a recent drawing though. When I cleaned up the "hobby room" I found an old folder with some drawing and sketches tucked away in it.

After I scanned this one I played a little with it in photoshop, filling the spaces with colors and patterns. Then I reverted it to it's original for this post.

One thing I would like to figure out is how to apply some meaning to my pictures. Content. A story.

But then, really, each viewer applies their own meaning, usually, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wauwie! You really, really make some beautiful artwork... don't worry about 'applying some meaning to your pictures'... they do already...

leap-of-faith said...

Hi, I love this drawing. I saw this on flickr this afternoon, thought it was wonderful, funny and weird all at once. Personally I like that I don't know what it is about - I can make my own story up then!

Cin said...

funny little fella, like his expression !